When I think about the things necessary for a kitchen to function, I think of simple things. Sure, my dehydrator, stand mixer and food processor are super fun gadgets, but if I narrowed it down to the nitty gritty, you know, the essentials… well, they would consist of small, simple things.
So, what are they? What are my favorite kitchen things?
1. Magnetic Measuring Spoons: First of all, measuring spoons in general are an absolute necessity to make a kitchen run. HOWEVER. Not everyone has magnetic measuring spoons. Yes, magnetic. It’s possibly the greatest invention of all time if you spend ANY time in the kitchen. I love my magnetic measuring spoons so much, I wrote a little post about how great they are (you can read that HERE).
2. Bamboo Cutting Boards: Where would you chop, dice, peel, cut, prep without a cutting board? As you can see, cutting boards are essential to make a kitchen flow — even if you feel like things don’t necessarily “flow” very well in your kitchen. 😉 I love my bamboo cutting boards because 1) bamboo is an extremely sustainable resource (of course if using sustainable methods like not endangering the panda bear’s habitat) and 2) contrary to what most people believe, bamboo/wood cutting boards harbor less bacteria than their plastic counterparts.
3. A Good Set of Prepping Knives: Who has a knife that is extremely dull, making simple things like chopping, dicing and mincing difficult and gets frustrated because of the latter two issues? I’m sure if I was in a classroom with y’all, I’d see most of your hands go up. Having quality knives is so important and I believe they are a necessity in every kitchen. I mean, duh, how would you function without knives?? Santuko knives are some of my favorite because they make prep work in the kitchen run very smoothly.
So, What’s This Giveaway, What’s Included & Who Are The Bloggers?
Well, myself, along with a couple of my very favorite, naturally-minded, real food bloggers have compiled a list of our favorite kitchen things to give away to one lucky winner. The pretty ladies below are who I have the pleasure to be joining forces with to give away such amazing items!
Before we get into what specific things are wrapped up in this cool prize, I have to share a song written by the clever Tara of We Got Real. When she shared this song with us, we became her biggest fan — she’s so creative! All the items she included in the song can be found in this giveaway. And yes, she IS the one singing it for us!
Brilliant, right? I know she just won your heart as well!
Okay, now, onto the amazing items one lucky winner will be receiving!
- 1 set of stainless steel magnetic measuring spoons
- Bamboo cutting boards (3 pack)
- J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Pro 2-Piece Hollow Edge Santoku Set
- 1 gallon of Tropical Tradition’s Gold Label Coconut Oil
- 1 oz. deodorant from her amazing skincare line (winner can choose their favorite scent)
- 36 Ball Mason Jars; 1 Quart Pack, 1 Pint Pack, 1 1.5Pint Pack
- 1 Hamilton Beach 7 Quart Stay Or Go Slow Cooker
- 3-piece mesh strainers
- 3-piece wooden spoon set
- Pyrex 2 cup liquid measuring cup
- 3-piece cast iron skillet set (6″, 8″, 10″)
- Set of 3 Basket Woven Kitchen Towels (you choose color)
Let me do the math for you… that is 14 of our very favorite kitchen items valued at over $250 — all to one special winner just in time for holiday cooking.
OR if you win, you can consider giving it as a gift to someone who is starting off in their kitchen since all theses items are essential to make a kitchen go ’round.
I am seriously excited about this giveaway! Are you!? There are so many cool, useful things included. (I secretly wish I could enter this giveaway!)
Here’s how to enter
Just use the rafflecopter widget below to unlock all entries. Simple enough, right?
Giveaway ends Saturday, December 7 at 11:59pm. A winner will be chosen via random.org. We will announce the lucky winner on Monday, December 9. The winner will have 48 hours to contact (healthyrootshappysoul@gmail dot com) with his/her full name, address, and phone number. There is no purchase necessary to win. This giveaway is open to everyone, but kitchen items will only be shipped to U.S. residents. Winners who live outside of this area will receive an Amazon gift card in the amount of the item sale price on Amazon.