You look at the clock and it’s 6:00pm.
You know your husband will be home soon with a hungry belly and your toddler is about to get cranky because he’s hungry but you’re exhausted and frankly, don’t want to cook anything. You actually haven’t even thought about what to do for dinner and it’s too late to take something out to defrost. You could do breakfast for dinner but shh.. you already did that last night.
You need something that requires zero thinking and effort.
Quick and easy, these meatballs are filled with nutrition and take literally 10 minutes to defrost. Add whatever side dish you want or just throw them in some pasta sauce and you’ve got yourself a meal.
No fuss. No work. Delicious. Happy mom.
Perfect for an easy lunch and even more perfect for an easy dinner. Doesn’t get much better than that!
If you want to freeze them the best way to do this is to “flash freeze” them. The way you do this is by taking the cooled meatballs (pan and all) and sticking them in the freezer. Once they are frozen put them into freezer ziplock bags or some other freezer container. When you flash freeze food (meatballs, fruit, etc) it helps keep the food intact without sticking to each other. This way you can take as many out as you want at a time.
When reheating the meatballs just stick them in a sauce or baking sheet (bake at around 350 for 15-20 minutes). Easy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients except for breadcrumbs; mix very well with your hands
- Add breadcrumbs and continue to mix well until everything is incorporated
- Shape the meatballs into about an inch in size and place on an ungreased baking sheet. **It's good to make sure the meatballs are uniform in shape so they all cook at the same pace.
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes